Are you looking to start a business and want to make sure that your new enterprise will be in high demand? Or, maybe you own a temporary staffing agency and are looking to really branch out with your services. Well, according to a CNN report, here are five of the hottest- and oddest- jobs in the current market.
Five Odd Jobs that are Actually in Demand
- Firearm Instructor: Owning and operating a firing range is a very lucrative business right now. CNN reports that there has been a great increase in the number of women who want to learn how to fire a gun, which has in turn raised the demand for shooting ranges and instructors. A good firearm instructor can earn a decent living, too. Many NRA-certified course operators can rake in more than $75,000 per year.
- Paranormal Investigator: Now we are starting to really get into the more bizarre occupations. But, its true- people are looking for a good paranormal investigator to see if there are spirits living in their houses. If you have a talent for locating the supernatural, consider putting your skills to use, and be a real-life ghost buster.
- Costume Character: If you have a knack for acting and are up-to-date on your Disney movies, you may have a chance to make some money dressing up as a costume character and entertaining kids at their birthday parties or bar mitzvahs. Dressing up as a children’s character and performing, face painting, or doing magic tricks is a much needed skill set that is sought after by twenty-first century parents who want to throw their kid the best party of the year.
- Bee Remover: From April to July, people across the country find beehives in unpleasant or dangerous locations around their house. Having a small bee removing business during these months could make you quite a bit of money, as not many people specialize in the craft. What’s more, it’s a great way to make yourself more “green,” as the majority of bee removers donate the displaced hives to local beekeepers, who then provide them with a safer, more productive environment.
- Dove Handler: You would be surprised at how many people want doves at their wedding, and how few dove handlers there are out there. Buying and training a fleet of doves is a lot of hard work, but for animal lovers, this may be the job for you.
Factor Finders works with start-up businesses of all shapes & sizes. If you’re looking to launch a business, we can help you get the funding you need to grow. If you’re unable to land bank financing, it’s easy to be approved for other lending options such as invoice factoring and unsecured business loans.