In today’s job marketplace, the internet provides online job seekers with endless amounts of information and resources to help facilitate the hiring process. As a result, candidates are utilizing an increasing number of websites to help aid in the job search.
According to the 2013 Candidate Behavior Study conducted by CareerBuilder.com, job seekers use 16 different sources when seeking a job online. Candidates conduct their searches across a wide array of websites to find their ideal careers, and some even turn to search engines to help them find the right opportunity.
Consider these key findings from the study:
- 85 percent of online job seekers turn to popular search engines, such as Google or Bing, to conduct preliminary research on jobs
- 83 percent of candidates search for opportunities via company career sites
- 75 percent of job seekers depend on traditional networking to find the right fit
- 69 percent of candidates rely on job boards to find a new career
Based on these findings, it is clearly evident that online job seekers are conducting thorough research when it comes to finding the best opportunity to match their skillset. As more candidates utilize numerous websites in their career search, staffing companies should really try to establish solid relationships with candidates in order to learn more about their online job seeking strategies.
Here are 10 of the best career websites used by online job seekers
- The Wall Street Journal Careers Site
- Specialty job sites geared toward specific industries (ex: mediabistro.com for media jobs)
Aside from being aware of candidates’ online job searching habits, temporary staffing companies must also make sure to keep a tab on their financial condition in order to stay competitive in the industry. Whether your firm is searching for a reliable method to meet payroll expenses or just looking for a smarter alternative to bank loans, payroll funding can help you take charge of running your business. Thanks to no hidden fees and same-day funding, your staffing firm can make payroll on time, every time. Payroll funding can be the key to increasing your cash flow and eliminating bad debt. Unleash your power to survive and thrive by requesting a free factoring quote online now!
Related staffing blog articles: