Online jobs and careers community Glassdoor recently released a report that revealed the top 10 cities in the country where the most employers are hiring. The ranking is based on the number of companies that have at least on recent job listing in each metro area in Glassdoor’s database of millions of job listings.
Across the U.S., the report found that the most in-demand jobs are software engineers, registered nurses, and retail and corporate sales associates, which is consistent with long-term job trends.
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, software engineering is expected to grow at a much faster pace than the average job title through 2020.
The report found that health-care and technology employers like Massachusetts General Hospital and Google are amongst the top rated companies by their employees.
When it comes to healthcare staffing and IT staffing,”the war for talent is fierce” says Scott Dobroksi, Glassdoor’s data and community expert. He conjectures that substantial compensation packages presented to entice talent may impact employee satisfaction.
Here are the top 10 cities in the U.S. where employers are hiring:
1. New York City, NY, with 11,024 employers hiring
2. Chicago, IL, with 7,824 employers hiring
3. Los Angeles, CA, with 7,645 employers hiring
4. Washington, D.C., with 7,477 employers hiring
5. San Francisco, CA, with 6,411 employers hiring
6. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, with 6,170 employers hiring
7. Boston, MA, with 5,851 employers hiring
8. Atlanta, GA, with 5,851 employers hiring
9. Houston, TX, with 5,325 employers hiring
10. Philadelphia, PA, with 5,206 employers hiring