The chaotic nature of running a small business can often make it feel like a lifestyle rather than a job. The mobile age is evolving the workplace; turning our cell phones, a device we like to think of as a social tool, into a ball and chain of business that makes it extremely difficult to truly leave “the office”. The beauty of the modern world, however, is that mobile devices can enable business owners to be in full control of their business at any time, in any place. These apps promise to make the life of any small business owner much easier as they offer assistance with organization, finance, and on-the-go interactions.
10 of the Best Free Apps for Small Businesses
- Evernote: “Remember Everything.” Sounds like a small business owner’s fantasy, right? Well pinch yourself, because it’s real. Evernote allows users to store, organize and share anything from text to voice notes in order to keep track of the brilliant ideas you have. Forbes reported that the app has generated $166 million in funding to continue its growth and helpful features.
- Bump: A revolutionary business networking app that makes business cards look like they are from the Stone Age. Bump allows users to share files, photos, and contact information by simply “bumping” two smartphones together. With 27 million downloads and counting, don’t miss out on a chance to change the way you network forever.
- Tripit: The chaos of travel is inescapable. You’ve got to stay on top of your email, your phone calls and texts, and keep an eye on your finances; how in the world are you supposed to remember when your connecting flight leaves? Tripit allows you to keep track of all of your travel arrangements in one place, not to mention the weather updates, interactive maps, and directions that the app also features.
- LocalVox: If your business is having trouble with the management of online marketing, LocalVox is the solution you’ve been waiting for. This app uses social media, local directories, and email newsletters to enable its users to post news on their events and deals in the upcoming months. Your company’s increased presence on multiple online channels will also come with a boost in organic searches and listings.*
- Expensify: The tall task that every small business owner is faced with is managing their expenses and using them as well as they can. This can become an even more difficult task when you are expected to do this while on the road. Expensify allows its users to keep track of their mileage and expenses by enabling them to upload receipts and submit expense reports from any location.
- InDinero: Don’t have the time or money to talk with a financial advisor? Don’t worry, InDinero makes keeping up with daily finances easy. Synced with your bank accounts, the app predicts future cash flow according to past trends in order to help you manage the money you have accordingly.*
- Square: Have you ever found a potential customer outside of the office, but didn’t have any way to accept payment? Square won’t let that happen again as the app allows smartphones and tablets to easily accept credit card payments. Sign up is free and there are no monthly payment, they simply take 2.75% of every transaction.
- Smartr: As a business owner, you have tons of contacts. From personal to professional relationships and even social media followers, keeping track of all of the people in your life can be a nightmare. Smartr connects your address book, Gmail messaging and social media accounts to put all of your contacts into one place. Next time you are looking for someone’s contact information, it will be at your fingertips in a matter of seconds.
- 1Password: Small business owners have many different accounts for many different purposes, and keeping track of the various passwords that correspond to each account is much easier said than done. 1Password ensures the safety and organization of your many passwords. By entering a master password, it syncs with iCloud or Dropbox to show all of the entries you have, including those from a random password generator. The user simply selects their password and copies it to wherever they need it, a simple solution to a nerve-racking dilemma.*
- Hipchat: One of the most important aspects of managing a small business is making sure that everyone is on the same page. Having a virtual chatroom for your business can be vital to the relationship you have with your customers. Hipchat allows the free flow of these quick notes to one another, in or out of the office to ensure your company is a well-oiled machine.
* Apps are only available for Apple products (iPhone, iPad, and MacBook).
Now that you’re covered with the best free apps for business, it’s time to think about cash flow. Factor Finders is committed to matching business owners with the best factoring companies for their needs. You’ve found the best apps, now find the best factoring companies.
Ready to get started? Just fill out an online form.